Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Checkin' It Out and Posts of the Week

Skittles is curious and hungry for something new. That something is a piece of barbecued chicken on the end of Alex's fork. If you have an appetite for some great blog posts, be sure to check out the Posts of the Week below.



The icon to the left here is yours for the taking if your blog post has been named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up, today or in past weeks. I've decided to start mixing up the colours each week. Take whichever one appeals to you. You'll find others in past posts.

This week's top post goes to:



I Wear His Watch...
by Wendy

at Changes With Seasons


Other wonderful posts in no particular order are:

Shakespeare, Einstein and Me
by Don
at Ffocuss

We Are Total Goofs
by Beth

at Be Yourself


Granddaddy's Hands
by Brian

at WaystationOne


Share and Share Alike
by Debbie
at Suburb Sanity

Storm Warning
by DS

at Third-Storey Window


The Big 21
by TechnoBabe
at TechnoBabe's Adventures

The Spirit of Pink
by Stacey Dawn
at Stacey Dawn Images


Hurry Up, Mommy
by MPM

at Mental P Mama


Noctilucent Clouds
by Zuzana

at Life Through Reflections


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

24 comments:

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Thoroughly enjoyed ds's storm story. I'll check out the rest.

Susie said...

That picture made me laugh out loud. Such an insistent kitty!

I'll have to check out the other posts in the morning, you always pick great ones.

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture! Going to check out the posts now...

Maggie May said...

Clever Kitty! Did she manage to pinch the chicken?

Will pop back later to look at the POTW!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Dave said...

Persistent little cat huh? - Dave

Brian Miller said...

it seems the older my cat gets the more likely she is to do this...

thank you hilary and i am in great company...zuzana, techno, debbie, ds...all my rowdy friends are here...smiles.

Sueann said...

Wonderful photo and I am sure kitty got what he was after! LOL! Now on to check out the posts of the week!
Hugs
SueAnn

beth said...

thank you hillary...
for you to honor me once, was amazing....but now again...i'm just thrilled and would like to take a moment to thank the academy......hee hee

seriously.....it's so much fun to find myself listed with your other favs of the week.....

thank you thank you thank you......

Mental P Mama said...

Yowza. Humbled yet again. Thank you...going to check out my potw buddies;) Love that sweet cat.

ethelmaepotter! said...

If the other posts are as good as Brian's Granddaddy's Hands, we're in for a real treat!

Bossy Betty said...

Can't wait to check these out! You don't even need to hold them on a fork for me!

Zuzana said...

Great picture, your son is such a handsome man!;) So is the kitty.;))
Congratulations to everyone and thank you my dear Hilary for the mention.;) I am so happy that this natural phenomenon receives acknowledgment.;)
I hope you are having a lovely week, I am stopping by briefly as I enjoy my short blog break with my family.;))
xoxo

Daryl said...

I am SO behind today .. Love Skittles and Alex .. what a neat shot.. Jack & Rose love chicken ...

Congrats to all .. I am going to try and visit everyone...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love the gentleness shown by Alex in that picture. And what a Skitty!

Just by reading the titles, I know I will be laughing and possibly crying.
Many thanks as always.♥

CiCi said...

Thank you for including me in this list. I appreciate it when something I write is accepted and acknowledged in such a great way. I will read all the other posts right away. Hugs.

Wendy said...

Thank you Hilary for the POTW award once again. I have not been around much, so did not realize...

Love your pic. Your son is a real heart-breaker. They do grow up fast, don't they?

Indrani said...

The post by Zuzana was informative, great selections Hilary.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Lots of great blog this week. Thanks Hilary! Off to do some reading.
jj

Hilary said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by to comment and for supporting the bloggers mentioned here. Always very much appreciated. :)

Unknown said...

I'm a little behind, but I'll get to these,
thanks

ds said...

Thank you so much, Hilary! It is an honor to be in company with Brian's Grandaddy's Hands and the others. Will check out those I do not know. Congratulations to all!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Thank you Hilary for the honor!

I've read through the other POTW's - great choices - great stories... thanks for sharing them!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Terrific picks Hilary-- I've only been to three, but you managed to make me laugh and cry in just a few minutes.

Cheryl Kohan said...

I can't say I blame Skittles on little bit for trying to get that bit of chicken! You did capture this shot at the perfect time!

I'm going to check out the posts in the morning. They're always so good. But I'm on some meds that make me sleepy so will head for bed!